Hot Spring Hunt
Hiking day tour to the hot springs outside Reykjavík in Mt. Hengill and Reykjadalur Valley in Iceland.
Trip difficulty: 2 out of 5 possible. Rated: Easy, family tour.
Day trip: Available directly from Reykjavik in Iceland.
Guide to client ratio: 1:14
- This classic hike starts from the outskirts of Hveragerði, the town of hot springs and flowers, into the beautiful geothermal valley of Reykjadalur. In the "Steamvalley" naturally hot water flows down of the slopes of Hellisheiði mountain range, creating the ideal place to bathe in an naturally hot river. The valley also has an amazing abundance of geothermal hot springs and you will witness everything from small gurgling melting pots to vibrant super heated pools of water. After exploring these wonders of nature we hike back down into the town of Hveragerði.
- This is a great 7 km, half-day trek that everyone can participate in. A unique chance to experience the local way of visiting the hot springs for a bath.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Minimum age: 10 years|
What is included
Guided hiking tour to the hot springs in Reykjadalur with a local guide and bathe in the hot river.
- Warm and waterproof outdoor clothing
- Headwear & gloves
- Bathing suit & towel
- Good hiking shoes are recommended and can be rented online beforehand.
- Hveragerði, the hot springs village.
- Reykjadalur, the hot springs valley.
- Bathing in the hot springs river.
Meeting Point Information
Meet us on location at N1 gas station in Hveragerði:
Summer season (1st Apr - 30th Sep) at 9:00 am.
Winter season (1st Oct - 31st Mar) at 10:00 am